This is the content for Layout Div Tag "spacer"
A volunteer is a person who chooses to work without being motivated by financial or material gain. Volunteering generally is considered a humane activity, intended to promote good relationships and to improve the quality of life for others.
In this policy we demonstrate that Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre CLG is committed to our volunteers by treating all volunteers equally and fairly. By having a volunteer policy we show that care and thought have gone into the relationship between community centre management and our volunteers and into the preparation of this document. Being able to refer to a written policy ensures that decisions do not have to be made on an ad hoc basis and it allows volunteers to know what is expected of them.
- We involve volunteers to give additional support to the management team, through assisting the service users of Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre.
- The volunteer/s will help to create a safe, secure environment for the service users of Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre.
- The volunteer/s are required to work and adhere to all policies of Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre CLG.
- The aim of the volunteer/s is to help the service users by supporting them, and to support the management team, and to help the services run smoothly and efficiently.
- Volunteering with Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre CLG is an opportunity for the volunteer to excel in their capabilities, and to work in a team environment.
- All records kept on volunteers by Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre CLG will be treated with confidentiality and discretion.
- Volunteer/s are expected to represent Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre CLG competently and professionally, and are also responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all privileged information. Failure to do so will result in termination of the volunteer/s relationship with the organisation.
- Volunteer/s are expected to attend an informal interview before working in the organisation.
- An exit interview when retiring may be requested.
- Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre CLG undertake to have in place any necessary insurance for those officially working as volunteers on behalf of the company.
- Should any incident occur during the provision of the volunteer service this should be reported to the management of the Community Centre or their representative as soon as possible after the incident. Should management or their representative request a written report on the incident this should be provided by the volunteer.
- The management of Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre CLG will support the volunteer by offering training for the position volunteered and supervising the initial experience of the volunteer.
- The management of Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre CLG undertake to ensure that the experience of the volunteer is satisfactory and enjoyable.
- Volunteers are requested to give adequate notice to management if they are unable to undertake the agreed volunteer role on any occasion.
- Concerns or complaints will be listened to and addressed in a professional manner. At any stage a volunteer or management representative has the right to bring a concern or complaint to the attention of the manager or chairperson of the Community Centre and ask them to help resolve the situation. Should a resolution not be agreed in this procedure a mutually agreed independant person will be brought in to help resolve the dispute.
- Volunteers are required to read and confirm that they nderstand and will adhere to the following policies....
Policy on Equality
- Policy on Child Protection
- Policy on Health and Safety
- Policy on Food and Beverage
- Policy on Volunteers
- Policy on Data Retention
- Policy on Privacy
- Policy on Garda Vetting
Monitoring and Review
Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre CLG undertake to review this policy annually.