This is the content for Layout Div Tag "spacer"
Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre is located on Ballycar Road Newmarket-on-Fergus Co Clare.
The facility was founded in 1840 by members of the Temperance Movement to enhance the lives of the residence of Newmarket-on-Fergus and surrounding areas.
The intention was to organise educational, social and leisure activities for the people of the area and reduce the influence of the 'Drinking Houses' which were prevalent.
The facility is run by a Board of Directors who manage the business of the community centre. There is a company constitution which is a document that specifies the rules governing the relationship between the directors of the company, members of the company and its activities.
- To provide safe, suitable and comfortable facilities for the social, cultural, sporting, artistic and youth activities of the parish of Newmarket-on-Fergus and surrounding areas.
- To act as custodians and guardians of the Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre for future generations.
- To maintain and improve the facilities at Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre within the means available.
- To prudently and honestly manage the financial affairs of the Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre.
- To facilitate the residents of the community, so far as is possible within our remit, to enable them to enjoy a high quality of life, to achieve their economic, social and educational goals, and to ensure they are part of a strong, prosperous and caring community.
In order to achieve its purpose, Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre has as its mission:-
- To manage a Community Centre which provides high quality facilities and a range of activities that is accessible to all sections of the community.
- To continuously develop and update the centre, to meet the changing needs and expectations of the community, both now and in the future.
- To provide facilities for community groups, public sector organisations and family groups in order that they are enabled to assemble in a safe and comfortable facility for sport activity, social activity, competition, discussion and activities which enhance their living experience.
- To facilitate as far as is possible, access to activities for those who are disadvantaged, vulnerable or who face difficulties accessing facilities for their recreational activity and social interaction with their peers.
Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre operates within the following values:-
- Equal Opportunities - As a provider of recreation facilities, Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre promotes equality of opportunity and believes in challenging discrimination of all kinds.
- Community Cohesion – Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre is committed to helping create a strong and vibrant community in which individuals from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs are able to develop mutual understanding and respect.
- Democracy and Accountability – Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre is accountable to the community through open meetings and exchange of views with stake holders. It regularly communicates with and consults all sectors of the community, to ensure that its planning and decision making continues to reflect locally identified priorities.
- Partnership Working - Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre believes that collaboration with voluntary and community groups, public sector bodies and private sector businesses improves its ability to enhance resources and deliver better facilities for the community.
- Independence and Financial Sustainability - Newmarket-on-Fergus Community Centre recognises that it is in the best interests of the community it serves for it to plan for a financially sustainable future based on sound management, cost effectiveness and increasing its own income generation.